Your face is very sensitive, which needs extra care. Skin is very delicate so you need to take care of little extra when cleansing your pores with a facial scrub. For a good facial scrub, finding right exfoliating facial sponges that can exfoliate your complexion by removing dead skin cells and also reduce the appearance of the pores. Always remember that selecting scrub and sponge that does not suit your skin type can cause skin irritation and also lead to further damages.
Why exfoliate is needed?
It is great to use a facial scrub to exfoliate as it provides your skin with some much-needed revitalization.to reveal fresh skin cell, you need exfoliation as it removes dead cells from the skin pores and also make smaller. The removal of dead cells by exfoliating enhances the ability of the skin to absorb things like acne medicine or anti-aging serum.
There are two forms of skin exfoliation, physical and chemical. Physical exfoliation involves a more hands-on approach by using a tool like a brush or sponge. Then the chemical exfoliate contains salicylic acid which is beneficial for oily or acne-prone skin people. Generally for facial scrubs, chemical exfoliates are a better option for ridding the skin of dirt and grime. It does not cause skin irritation after facial scrub.
How to use a facial scrub?
Make sure that you treat your skin diligently when you apply facial scrub. Moreover, you should not do facial scrub too often especially with aggressive exfoliation, this damages your skin severely. Moreover, over-exfoliate also creates tiny cracks in the skin barrier. This also leads to loss of hydration and inflammation. Moreover, while facial scrub always applies moisturizer straight after exfoliating to hydrate and soothe the skin. You need to take proper precautions of facial scrub to keep your skin in perfect condition.
How often you should exfoliate depends on the type of your skin and the type of exfoliation you are using. For instance, some of the chemical exfoliates can be strong for the skin if used frequently. Generally, it is enough to scrub your skin one to two times a week to be effective. Moreover, if your skin is extra oily, you may require more frequent exfoliation or facial scrub. Avoid over-exfoliating your skin as it can lead to extreme redness and painful irritation.
Simple steps to scrub your face at home
- Tie your hair back for a comfortable facial scrub
- Take a clean washcloth, make it wet. Wet your washcloth with lukewarm water by soaking for a few seconds. Then place it on your face to moisturize and soften your skin for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then cleanse your face with your face wash that you usually use. This is to remove surface dirt. Moreover, cleanse with your fingertips gently in circular movements.
- Apply facial scrub or exfoliant in a circular motion with your fingertips gently. Rub it over complete face for about 30 seconds.
- Then rinse your scrub off from your face with lukewarm water. If you feel irritated or hot, just splash a little cold water after rinse.
- The most important step is to apply moisturizer to make it smooth and moisture.