Here are some homemade recipes for skin exfoliation that we covered in this article:
Before you create your homemade exfoliating products, check carefully that all your ingredients do not have sharp, jagged pieces. With salt and sugar, it is better to use the improved granules. For example, if you use sea salt or brown sugar, you can regrind it with a dry mixer attachment.
The aim is to make a recipe that will gently scrape the skin, not one that can scratch it. Exfoliating with sharp or large grains will cause skin irritation. Several salts contain trace minerals such as copper, magnesium, iron, and calcium to help decrease inflammation and open up your skin pores. You can exfoliate your facial skin with a konjac cleansing sponge.
Salt Body Scrub
Use this homemade skin exfoliation recipe only and never on the face, as it is only suitable for the body.
- ½ cup table salt, but sea salt is best
- ½ cup coconut, olive, or almond oil
- 10-15 drops of fragrance oil (if needed)
- You can mix the salt, coconut, and olive, or almond oil very well until smoothly blended.
- Stir the mixture in 10 to 15 drops of essential natural fragrance oil if you need it to smell like it was ready in an expensive spa.
Sugar Body Scrub
For an excellent all-over-the-body exfoliating scrub, try making a remedy using natural sugar. Sugar is refined grains make it appropriate as an effective yet gentle skin exfoliating scrub. Raw sugar has rounder granules, and it is more gentle on your skin than salt and helps even out your skin tone.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup almond oil, sesame seed oil, or vegetable oil
- 10 – 15 drops of fragrance oil (if wanted)
- You can mix the granulated sugar and oil until well blended.
- If you want, add 10 to 15 drops of essential natural fragrance oil for shine and softness.
- Then you can apply the mix to your wet skin using your hands, a washcloth, a loofah sponge, or a bath glove. You can also use a konjac cleansing sponge for scrubbing your face. You can rub gently with circular motions, then rinse off with warm water thoroughly.
Oatmeal Facial Scrub
Oatmeal is a famous spa-style exfoliation ingredient. If you are searching for a pampered spa treatment, then you must try this recipe. It works great for the face and can be used for the body too. When you exfoliate your face skin, take extra care to avoid scratching or irritating the delicate areas, especially around the eyes.
- 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of ground sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or almond oil (almond oil is always the best option)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all the mentioned ingredients and mix them well.
- You can apply the mixture to your wet face and rub gently using the same circular motions. You can rinse well and faultlessly your face dry.