A konjac facial sponge is suitable for all types of skin. It can support neutralize oils and prevent breakouts for oily skin. Moreover, it can gently bog away dead skin cells with dry skin. It is even gentle sufficient to be used on kids and infants. However, there are some caveats: If you have eczema or psoriasis, you must check with your doctor before using a konjac cleansing sponge. It is also not perfect for people who are using a prescription-strength acne medicine containing retinoid. But if you have one of these facial skin issues, a pure konjac sponge is an excellent option for naturally cleansing your skin.
KONJAC SPONGE VS. WASHCLOTH
A konjac face sponge has a more delicate texture than a washcloth and is less likely to irritate dry or sensitive skin. As all konjac sponges dry very quickly, they are less likely to harbor bacteria than cloth or other synthetic cleansing tools.
Things You Must Know About the Konjac Facial Sponge
- You can prepare the facial sponge before using it: A konjac facial sponge needs to soak in hot water for few minutes before using it. When it first comes out of your package, a konjac sponge is hard, dry, and brittle. Soaking the konjac sponge in warm water softens it up and makes it for use. It softens the cleansing sponge up and permits it to gently clean and polish your facial skin.
- Clean the konjac sponge after using it: After using the konjac sponge, rinse it in warm water and then squeeze out moisture as you can. You can allow the sponge to air dry between uses so it can completely dry out. You can avoid twisting or wringing the cleansing sponge as these motions can tear the fibers and reduce the product’s effectiveness.
- Do not use excess products: Your konjac cleansing sponge is a powerful cleanser all on its own. You can use it at night-time, in the morning, or at any time you can clean your face and remove excess dry, dead facial skin cells. You do not want to add soap, makeup remover, or additional facial cleansing products to the konjac sponge.
- Clean after eliminating makeup: You can use your konjac facial sponge to remove makeup and facial masks. However, if you use it to remove eye makeup and mascara, you have to rinse it carefully before permitting it to air-dry. These facial cosmetics can harbor bacteria.
- Advance the health of your facial skin: A konjac facial sponge is not acidic. It is alkaline, which permits it to defuse dirt and impurities on your skin quickly. If preserving your skin’s natural pH is a concern for you, or if you are susceptible to irritation or breakouts, a konjac facial sponge can improve the health and advent of your skin.
- Store and care for the sponge: Depending on how you use it and on how well you care for it, every konjac facial sponge can usually last for around three months. Therefore, you can store and care for your facial sponge properly. If you rinse the sponge out regularly and permit it to dry thoroughly after each use, you will prolong the life.